What can you do to help?
The Phoenix Arts has grown considerably over the past years, and to continue developing and diversifying as an arts provider within East Hampshire, we rely on your support.
As a charity, we are proud of our ongoing work with the community, and this year's programme of shows and events reflect my promise 'there’s something for everyone’. However, we really need your support to help spread the word! If you can help us, please call us or pop in to see the Theatre for yourself and we’ll be happy to chat!
Rob Allerston, CEO of the Phoenix Arts
Current available roles
Event Team Members
Throughout the year, we are provided with opportunities to host stalls at local community events and fairs. Additionally, there are a number of events held within the theatre and arts centre where volunteers are encouraged and welcomed to ensure the smooth running of the event.
These events are a great chance for us to meet new potential audience members and let the local community know what we have on offer.
We’re looking for volunteers to become part of that events team to assist in the following:
- Take part in delivering the events on the day:
- Fayres/fetes: Hosting an information stand handing out leaflets/fliers/programmes, signing up members, and providing general information about Phoenix Arts. Includes setting up and/or clearing up.
- In-house events at a Phoenix Arts venue: waiting (if food and drink are involved), and general help throughout the event. Includes setting up and/or clearing up.
- Inhouse events held at The Cube, our sister venue at The Shed in Bordon.
- Act as an ambassador for Phoenix Arts.
Box Office Assistants
We’re currently looking for volunteers to help us run our Box Office during show times. Our Box Office Assistants would be required to:
- To check audience members in;
- To book tickets or direct audience members to our online box office;
- To welcome and direct audience members to the auditorium and building facilities
- No previous experience is required as training will be provided.
We’re looking for volunteers to help us run our Bar during show times and when classes occur.
Our Bar Assistants would be required to:
- To assist with the set-up of the bar and interval room (if required) before a show;
- To serve hot & cold beverages, sweets, crisps and ice cream to audience members;
- To help clear up spaces used after an event;
- To restock the bar after events.
No previous experience is required as training will be provided. Bar Assistants will need to be over the age of 18.
Brochure & Flyer Distributors
We’re currently looking for volunteers to help us spread the word about The Phoenix Theatre & Arts Centre and our work.
Our Brochure & Flyer Distributors would be required to:
- Assist the office staff with the twice-yearly mailout of the new brochure;
- Assist with the distribution of brochures around the local community, e.g. local shops, local businesses etc.;
- Distribute incoming flyers and posters around the local area regularly.
Travel expenses are available for flyer & brochure distribution.